Accredited Exercise Physiologists are university-qualified allied health professionals. They specialise in designing and delivering safe and effective exercise interventions for people with chronic health conditions, injuries or disabilities.
You can describe an Exercise Physiologist as a mix between a Physiotherapist and a Personal Trainer.
- Similar to a Physiotherapist in same level of education however while Physios work on acute injuries and conditions, Exercise Physiologists wok in the chronic health space.
- Similar to Personal Trainers who also help you exercise however Exercise Physiologists take a wholistic approach to your health and wellbeing, consult on lifestyle intervention and behaviour change as well as prescribe and help you implement exercise management plans to assist with your goals.
- Exercise Physiologists also work with and communicate with your Doctor to ensure you’re getting the best care and treatment available.
Our Exercise Physiologists works with you to help you achieve your goals and improve your health and well-being. Services include:
- Chronic disease management – high blood pressure, cardiovascular disease, obesity, diabetes, cancer and depression.
- Musculoskeletal conditions and injuries
- NDIS approved Exercise Physiology provider
- Work related injuries and rehabilitation programs
- Functional capacity evaluations
- Sport specific strength & conditioning programs
- Many more
Diabetes Exercise Classes
Our team of Exercise Physiologists run individual and group setting diabetes within our Springwood clinic. These classes are Medicare funded, interactive and not only designed to assist you in losing weight and controlling your blood sugar levels, but also learn about the importance of exercise and diabetes management.
Pilates Exercise Class
Pilates is a total body exercise and the traditional method is low-impact, focusing on flexibility, muscular strength and endurance. The exercises are performed with an emphasis on precision technique; balanced postural alignment; core strength; controlled, flowing movements; and using breath to centre the mind.
Stay Standing Classes
Our stay standing classes are designed for our older locals and as the name suggests, the end goal to stay standing! These small group classes focus on improving balance to reduce risk of falls, increase mobility to assist with bending and reaching as well as strengthen your muscles to keep you living a life with less limits!